Monday, October 22, 2007


Non-Virtual Marathon

Now it's my turn to tell you all how amazing my husband is. He's had a goal on his life list to run a marathon since high school and last weekend, he did it! Go Marathon Matt! He completed the Hartford, Connecticut Marathon about 20 minutes faster than he planned, but who's keeping track of the time, he finished with everything in tact with a blister and a medal to prove it.

I was waiting to share the news until we got a few more photos, because in my pregnancy induced absent-mindedness I forgot to bring our camera (totally lame right? If I had been running the marathon and Matt forgot the camera, well it might end up on a list of very stupid things to do to a spouse and would probably never get erased. But because my husband is so kind and understanding he only commented about it once, or twice). So we had to rely on our friends, the Astles, to take the pictures. They are having technical difficulties of their own, so we're still waiting for the finish-line, post race photos. Ah well.

However, I snapped this one with Matt's camera phone, just a couple hundred yards from the finish line. He'll tell you that smile was a fake for me. I'd imagine. 26.2 miles is a long way. But he trained, he stuck with it, and he did it! Now he says he's done forever. Check.

4 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

Way to go Matt!! I can imagine how wonderful it feels and probably how wonderful it feels to be done forever! :)

merathon said...

congratulations! i ran that same course last year in the POURING rain. looks like you had a little more luck with the weather than i did! so, what was the official time? and matt-- you SAY you're done forever, but just wait. . . running marathons are kinda like childbirth. when you're in the middle of it and soon after, you say you'll never do it again. once your mind has a chance to forget a little, you get the urge to try again!

Mrs. Misses said...

You are awesome. I'm sure it was an amazing feeling to finish something like that. Go Matt!!

Nathan said...

Congratulations, MATTTT! I am very very proud of you! love and miss you!