Monday, June 23, 2008

RECAP


The past few weeks/months have a been a whirlwind, to say the least. Since baby Stella was born, the regular routine of life has really been thrown out of wack....in a good way.

Stella is now almost 5 months old, and getting cuter and cuter.

Margaret finished pre-school and the nasty sty is finally going away.

Cole is allowing his personality to really "blossom". (that's a nice way of saying he's testing his limits with us everyday)

At the beginning of June, we went to the Herrick family reunion in SoCal (or Southern California if you're uncool). My family (Mother, 7 siblings, 7 spouses and 35 children) stayed for 5 days in a cheap, but fun, motel about 5 blocks from Disneyland. We Disneyed two days, and beached two days, and generally hung out. It was very fun, but not very relaxing. When you have children in three separate categories for 'ride going' at Disneyland, it can get very tiresome and frustrating. Especially trying to coordinate with the other little cousins, etc... But Margaret and Cole had a blast.

Straight from California, Heather and the kids drove back to Utah with my family, as I returned to NYC with my Mother and 4 nieces. They had their "Grandma trip". So upon returning from California, I was thrust into touring them around the city for five days. Again, crazy, not restful, but fun. We tried the Wicked ticket lottery four times, and won three times. Very lucky. Everyone saw Wicked and 2 other shows, in addition to seeing the entire city and eating great food. I think they were a little culture shocked, but had a good time.

Back in Utah, Heather's brother, Jeff, got married last week. So she wasn't able to relax much either. The kids have had fun spending time with their other cousins.

Pictures of these events are forthcoming. Heather has the camera in Utah.

So here I am, in NY, all by myself until July 12. I really miss Heather and the kids. Mornings are the hardest. Waking up to an empty apartment, without little voices. Since I'm so used to being smothered with hugs and kisses everyday, being alone is really hard......but.......I can sleep in on weekends... and that's nice.

I will persevere. And for your enjoyment....


5 comments:

Karen Liu said...

Matt,
What a serendipitous moment to see you guys at Disneyland, of all places! You guys look fantastic; your children are beautiful! I can't tell you how it made my day, I was all smiles.

Hope to see you again before another 14 years flies by!

Herrick said...

It was great to see you too. Who would of thought, of all the crowded places in the world. The same thing happens here in NYC. I run into people from my past quite often....among 8 million other people. It's fate, I tell you.

Great talking to you. Keep blogging.

Kelly Jo said...

oh man, love the video, lol, hope you survive being alone matt!!

Krazy Khania said...

Matt I'm glad you are back to blogging. I love reading about your family!

Barty Family said...

I can't believe you were in Socal and I didn't know about it. It would have been fun to see you even if it was just to say "hi." We'll have to catch you next time.