Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cole Quotes


A few months ago I started writing down funny things Cole said. Because he's funny and sometimes I can't remember why at the end of the day. My brain's not what it used to be . . .short-term memory loss and such.

Anyhoo here are a few favorites:

  • At Christmas when people would ask him what he wanted, "I want a car that has a remote control that when you push the button it drives by itself." (make no mistakes, not just a remote control car . . .)
  • He was asking me if we could go to a friend's apartment with the whole family. I said I wasn't sure if we were all invited or if he was just going to have a playdate. He made some sense of that, "That's because we have a bunch of peoples in our family. There's Stella and Margaret. There's me and you and Dad. That's a bunch."
  • "I just love hugging and kissing Stella more than anything in the whole world."
Who wouldn't? I mean look at that face!
  • This was before we had even visited Santa, before Christmas had come but the holiday season was in full swing. Out of the blue one night during scripture reading Cole said, "Santa Claus is my favorite person in the whole world." Margaret, older and wiser and feeling spiritual because of the scriptures I guess, asked, "Even more than Heavenly Father and Jesus?" With no hesitation Cole said, "Yep. in the whole world."
  • Singing to the little drummer boy, "Rumble bum, rumble bum, rumble bum."
  • For one last funny, and hey, it's even Santa related (I see a pattern emerging) visit Blog Segullah.

4 comments:

Katie Lila said...

That kid cracks me up. I think it's an age thing too because i'm always jotting things down that Ayva says. For instance, when I brought home some strwberries and told Ayva they were on sale and I knew that she loved them she said, "Mom, anytime you see strawberries on sale you just remind your own self that I love them, and then buy them...ok Mom." I bet Cole will never live down the Santa over all things spiritual comment. I laughed out loud. Wish I was there to kiss Stella's cheeks right along with Cole. That pic is a Hallmark card for sure. love kates

The Lead Singer said...

I kind of melted at how cute that post was.
Your family is A+ adorable!
Thanks for being amazing parents and people and wonderful friends.
Love you!

Erin said...

I sure love that little Cole. He's so hilarious! I miss you guys. I really need to get out there again, and soon! I got your message the other day, but it was too late your time to call you back. This week...

Mucho love!

marti said...

The good ole days...I miss not have the "little ones" that are so fun and funny. Many times I regret not recording more things. You'll be glad you did. You are such an awesome mom!! love and miss you! 5 years seems too long for another "Herrick Adult Gathering"...