Monday, October 29, 2007


Homemaker of Halloween!

A couple of weeks ago I was feeling less than homemaker-y when I surfed around some blogs and viewed everyone's cute shelves with fall decor and crafty jars filled with candy corns. I joked with some friends that I was going to take pictures of my entry way that is usually full of a stroller, an over-stuffed bookcase, and whatever shoes we just took off our feet and the top of my entertainment center covered with remotes, Matt's ongoing DVD project, things I want to remember to return to people and call that my Halloween decor. I could then post them to my blog so everyone could see and be impressed. But now I realized, I may not have crafty toll-painted scarecrows, but we live up the holidays right. Here are some pictures of what we've done leading up to the spookiest day of the year. The first group of pics is from Boo at the Bronx zoo where they had costumes, magic shows and trick or treating. Then we had sugar cookie making extravaganza that lasted three days, somehow. And then the ward party. Matt won a movie pass for his scarecrow costume and Cole loved that I was green. So, thanks to Kendra I figured out how to put the slideshow on this page, but it's too big . . . aargh! Blog people, how to fix? I left the link if you want to see the slideshow, not cut off at the other site. Or just watch it here, with a chunk of each picture missing. ;-)

View this montage created at One True Media
Herrick Halloween

12 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

fabulous photos!! Love them!! Um, not sure how to help you out with the posting of pics, i just know the basics. ..

Jaime said...

Your costumes are all so cute! You guys look great. If only I could get Jared to dress up... Oh well! It's all about the kiddos, right? Have a great Halloween!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

That is a delightful photo of an adorable family!

"We're off to get the candy..."

Kendra Leigh said...

You got some good photos at the ward party...
About posting it in your blog- right next to the montage (on the montage hosting site) there are several codes: an *embed code*, a *URL*, and an *HTML link*. Copy the EMBED code and paste it into your blog post. That should do the trick.

Mike, Jess, Elijah, Julia and Amelie said...

You guys are just amazing in every way! LOVE your costumes! So awesome!!! Congrats on the marathon!

martha corinna said...

I love it!
You are what we were last year (I think everyone takes a turn with the Wizard of OZ though). Norah really wanted to be Dorthy so we all jumped on board. I was 9 months pregnant so I was the lion, Brad was the wicked witch of the east with the striped tights and the house on top of him and I spent all day sewing a flying monkey costume for lulu and she wouldn't even wear it.
You guys look great, Happy Halloween!

Ila Michelle said...

Dont kid yourself Heather,(kid yourself, thats funny cause your pregnant.) **big trumpet sounds** YOU'RE AMAZING. And gorgeous.

This is Ila. here is my blogg.
http://he-was-never-warned.blogspot.com/

The Lead Singer said...

WHAT??!?!!

Cole is like huge, he's a kid now, not just a baby. Your family wins the cutest family award! And I love the butterfly pumpkin! And little Mags is like a little woman now. I love her hair, it looks so healthy!

Oh and one more thing...Heather looks gorgeous! Why you gotta be so hot?

The Lead Singer said...

PS I'm linking your blog on mine cause everyone needs to experience the beauty of your AWESOMELY CUTE family!

Tony said...

Herricks! I love your blog. I frequent it often. You guys looked great for Halloween. I guess I didn't expect anything less. I miss you guys. You guys were always so great to me. I wish you the best. Mickey and Minnie says Hi all the way from Tokyo.

Mrs. Misses said...

Um...guys....its almost Christmas. We need some updates here...I know, I know, lots of traveling and very pregnant. Good excuses, but I'm getting a little impatient!

Heather Anna said...

Thanks for keeping me on my toes Alison! :-)