Thursday, October 11, 2007



Virtual Marathon

I wrote about this fun blog world challenge at Segullah a couple of weeks ago, but wanted to post a few pictures of my beautiful fall running route so I can contest Sharlee's (another runner from my team) claim that she had the prettiest running route.

I started out dropping my kids off at Iris' apartment on Friday (so I wouldn't have to go before Matt left for work that morning, I was a tired pregnant girl . . .see above photo for proof.)

Next I ran down the street past where we have our weekly farmer's market. Delicious locally grown food, year round (who could be so lucky?)


Then It was through Inwood Hill Park and back home.



The next day was my longer leg of the marathon, 4. 5 miles to be exact. Here's a few pictures of the Hudson River and the George Washington Bridge that are part of that beautiful and somewhat hilly path.





So Sharlee, I don't know whose is prettier, but I sure do love my neighborhood. Now you all want to come and visit me, don't you? The good weather seems to be holding out, so . . .

8 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

I wanna come, I wanna come. . .I might have to come without my husband b/c that's why we haven't been yet, his schedule is CRAZY! So, we'll see what I can do.

Mrs. Misses said...

You are amazing....not only to run PERIOD but to run while you're pregnant?? Wow. You go girl!

Heather Anna said...

Thanks mrs. I am done running now, for the time being.

Kelly we'll take you with or without Kevin. FYI, the kids and I will be out of town from Nov. 14-27.

Nathan said...

I also would like to say--good for you Heather Anna Corrigan Herrick of Inwood--not just for running when you is preg'nt, but for being you!

Also, the running in Inwood in OUR neighborhood is quite superior to other routes, YET, could it be better than the route one might take in say....HELSINKI, FINLAND? Doubtful, truthfully doubtful....

martha corinna said...

You two are awesome. By the way, your stomach looks to be about the same size as mine and I don't have the excuse of a baby. You look great.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of your route. In Provo I had the river trail to run on everyday now it is the lovely streets of Orem. Are you coming here for Thanksgiving? We need another get together

Daina Bitters said...

Heather, I would love to be included in a virtual marathon next time one happens. I also love the idea of competing for the most picturesque route. I'm sure Lawrence, KS doesn't compare to Nate's routes in Finland! Unfortunately I have to put running on hold for a while due to a Neuroma in my foot. I can't even tell you about the withdrawls I've been having. I'm truly addicted to running.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Heather, your route is indeed lovely. How about this: I win for most picturesque rural route and you take the prize for most scenic urban route. Sound good?

Sharlee

P.S. Someday I would love to run along the Hudson River. Someday I'm gonna do it!