Monday, December 10, 2007

A Toddler's Will

(Ironically he's actually wearing his mittens in this picture.)

Read about Cole's unwillingness to wear mittens at Segullah.

Okay, it's not really about his unwillingness to wear mittens; it's more about my constant struggle to be a better person. But stories about cute little boys are more tantalizing than confessions about grown-up personality faults, so I'm trying to reel you in.

It's a good story either way, really! Tell me how you are a better person (yes you, dear reader, tell me how you're better than . . .well not better than me, but than someone else. "Isn't that considered prideful?" You ask. No! It's just positive affirmation). I want to know. I won't be jealous; I'll be grateful.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I so, so, SO get it. Preston will usually play in the snow for long periods of time without gloves. He doesn't seem to care that his hands are ice cubes. I guess some day he'll want to be warm even if it means he has to do what mom wanted.

Jaime said...

I so, so, SO get it. Preston will usually play in the snow for long periods of time without gloves. He doesn't seem to care that his hands are ice cubes. I guess some day he'll want to be warm even if it means he has to do what mom wanted.

martha corinna said...

I really like what you wrote on Segullah Heather. I've never appreciated my car so much!
I try to assume the best of people but sometimes life gets the better of me. My perspective is swayed by the fact that I don't want to be that person, the person who sees that ugly (although the ugly does capture my attention too much). I want to see more beautiful things, like nice people. I don't know, I'm working on it.

Heather Anna said...

Usually by the end of a day when the cranky, ugly has smacked me in the face, someone has done something to balance things out. Like the local deli owner giving my kids their pick of any treat on the shelf; or the gangstas on the front stoop taking my garbage down into the alley.

There is a lot of beautiful out there!

Nathan said...

Or remember when we went to Moscow on the Hudson and the lady gave the kidlies free KinderSurprises?!!!

Beautiful, right?

Heather Anna said...

Yes Nate, beautiful.