Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to Life....Back to Reality

Just as those wise chanteuses, En Vogue, sang circa 1990, we are back to life and reality, without the support of Grandma help. (well, they didn't actually sing about grandma, but you get my drift)



And it just so happens I was cast in a workshop of a new musical that is taking me out of the home for most of the week. Yes, I am abandoning my wife and kids in their hour of need.

For all those sisters out there in the RS that believe my wife doesn't want meals, because of my "progressive fathering" post ...



...you are free to cook, serve, and deliver whatever delicacy you desire.

Why?

Because first and foremost, my wife doesn't share my views surrounding the archaic tradition of food delivery, and secondly, I really am not able to cook for them this week.

I stand humbled and ashamed of my obstinate and unhealthily independent, selfish heart.


6 comments:

martha corinna said...

Good luck Heather! I wish I could bring you a meal. Maybe I will tell Nathan a fantastic recipe and he can make it for you and pretend it was from me:)
Last night Brad asked me if we could use Estelle since I don't really want to compete over Stella.

k e n d r a said...

Whoot whoot Herricks! Just found your blog and it is ffffffunnnny! And yea for the new bebe! She is such a doll and dang, that picture of you Heather right after giving birth is so beautiful, I've never seen someone look so good after childbirth. We'd love to bring you some dinner- will you email me at kendralivingstone@mac.com so we can work it out?

Tamara said...

You are forgiven, I am bringing dinner Wednesday.

JACK-A-JAME? said...

Heath- I just saw the pics of your beautiful little girl! I wish I could come and take over and make all the chocolate chip cookies you could eat. I have 2- 3 weeks left with this pregnancy and I am so sick but hanging in there. Wishing you the best from snowy Utah! -Carrie

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Actually Soul II Soul sang that Back To Life song. :)

I'm a music nerd.

Herrick said...

Elastic,

I know, I know. I realized a day later after I "fact checked" myself. I was too lazy to change it. I figured nobody would notice. I guess I was wrong. Good work, music nerd.